[AG-TECH] VRVS or point-to-point

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Fri May 12 10:48:45 CDT 2006

If you're just connecting two sites, it might be easiest to do point-to-point in the media tools directly, rather than working with VRVS and the Venue Client; there's no real advantage to using multicast space in that context.

I believe that with point-to-point you simply need the address of the other person's computer, and a fairly arbitrary port number (you can use anything not currently in use on that machine).

So, you could do something like rat -t127 [IP-address}/5000

	where IP-address == the machine at the other site

I'm sure if I'm mistaken, or if I'm misunderstanding the problem, somebody here can correct me!

Cheers,
Jennifer