[AG-TECH] Problems connecting to AGServiceManager on capture node

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 9 11:45:21 CDT 2006

Hi Michael:

The combo box should be populated with service managers discovered on
the local network.  If you
don't see this initially, it may be a problem particular to FC or the FC
packaging.  Doug will be able
to speak to that.

The service manager and node service use http, not https.  Given that
the URL is in the combobox,
it must have been discovered, and absolutely should not have been
discovered as 'https'.  Looking
at the code, I have found that, if you type in something less than the
full url, it builds the whole url
for you, but does so incorrectly (using https instead of http); I have
fixed that in cvs today.

A workaround would be to change the discovered url to use http instead
of https.

Thanks,
Tom