[AG-TECH] help:what's about building a web-based venue client?

Andrew Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 14:09:46 CST 2006

Hi,

I would definitely say this is a good idea - I have been wanting to do something like this for a while now.  Basically this could be done in such a way that you don't need to install anything to make it work except Java.

I would advise going with the AG3 interfaces and using Java Servlets with Web Start to launch things (and things called in this way don't have to be Java if you are clever with your packaging).  You could in principle use applets for the video/audio using JMF, but I wouldn't recommend that - web start is much more stable.

I would be happy to provide any help I can with this, although I am committed to other things right now...

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,
Manchester Computing,