[AG-TECH] VideoPresence and Unicast: looking for a VIC replacement when bridged

Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it
Mon Jun 5 03:24:23 CDT 2006

Hello all,
while inside our LAN, using multicast, we found very useful the
VideoPresence tool as a replacement of standard VIC (easier interface for
less experienced users, just needing a videoference personal node, no
needs of tools for sharing applications and datas).
However, while conferencing with people outside our network, leaning on
our unicast bridge, the VP tool becomes useless (it works only with a
multicast configuration). Is there some similar replacement for the VIC
which could be used with a unicast bridge too?
Furthermore, we read something about the development of an "enhanced VIC"
that has been showed up during the 2006 AG Retreat. We thought it may be
suitable for our solution and so wondering if this tool is going to be
somehow distributed, even for trial/testing.
Thank you in advance,
Faber B.