[AG-TECH] viewing H.261 VIC/RAT streams using QuickTime

Laurence Kirchmeier laurie at merit.edu
Sun Jun 4 21:38:16 CDT 2006

Merit is offering a VIC/RAT multicast stream of the NANOG 37
conference which is currently being held in San Jose,CA. NANOG is the
North American Network Operators Group and hold meetings around the
US 3 times a year.
I am wondering whether anyone has put together an SDP file for VIC/
RAT streams that QuickTime Player could use to display the stream.
We are using Internet2's VIC/RAT server to encode and broadcast the
stream for us - I don't know details of that server and whether it
can could create an SDP file describing the streams.
Any pointers or ideas of how to accomplish this would be much
appreciated.
Cheers

Laurie

Laurence Kirchmeier
Senior Engineer, Networking R&D
Merit Network Inc.              Tel. 734 936 9703
Email: laurie at merit.edu     Fax. 734 647 3185