[AG-TECH] Re: AG3b1 network hang on WinXP SP2

Rosario Lombardo rosario.lombardo at isti.cnr.it
Mon Jan 30 12:56:31 CST 2006

Tom,
changing the thread title.

I followed these steps:

unistalled wxPython2.5/2.6 and installed wxPython2.6 required for AG3b1:
ok, both UI display fine, AG3 stops network connections as before.

Complete unistall of every single package related to AG, *including*
ActiveState Python.

Reboot.

Installation of the following in order:

Python-2.3.5.exe
pywin32-207.win32-py2.3.exe
wxPython2.6-win32-unicode-2.6.2.1-py23.exe
BonjourSetup.exe

   Restart as requested

BonjourSDKSetup.exe
AGTk-2.4-Final1-Py-2.3.exe

  Connect AGTk2.4 to NCSA Lobby: everything Ok!
                                 noticed the wxPython look change

AGTk-3.0-beta1-Py-2.3.exe

  Run AG3b1: Audio service already available, but impossible to add
Video services (my first try before complete reinstall was filling in
only the personal info without any further configuration)

  Connect AGTk3.0 to AG3 Beta Lobby:
    - seems much slower than previous version
    - connected, but immediately hang (Not Responding in title bar):
seen exists NCSA, vv2 and only me in participants
    - after a while the AG3 window has been unresponsive, all network
connections of each program were shutdown: as before a blind node.
    - restart (sigh!)

  Connect AGTk2.4 to NCSA Lobby and ANL Lobby: everything Ok!

  Fear to start over AG3b1 :-)

You find attached full logs since the very first AG3 installation
Hope this can help troubleshooting.

Regards,
\\Rosario

--
Rosario Lombardo
Information Science and Technology Institute (ISTI) - Cnr, Italy
rosario.lombardo at isti.cnr.it
<mailto:rosario.lombardo at isti.cnr.it>   *-*   http://hpc.isti.cnr.it/~lombardo
<http://hpc.isti.cnr.it/%7Elombardo>
phone: +39 050-315-3076