[AG-TECH] Lobby for Polycom PVX for Apple and Unix/Linux (fwd)

Ulrich Schwenn schwenn at rzg.mpg.de
Wed Jan 25 14:22:41 CST 2006

Hi Andrew, dear All!

I think, the main goal of  David was to encourage everybody needing
H.323 / SIP software clients on non-Windows platforms like Macs and
Linux to enter his personal needs for that on the Polycom web page:
http://eknowledge.polycom.com/media/Forms/Enhancement_Requests/FER_emailform.html
So the guys from PLCM or Tandberg or VCON etc. would finally notify that
comparing Windows to Mac / Linux installations in education & research
would give an almost equal distribution. May be 50%Windows, 35% Linux &
15% Macs, this is about the situation in the German Max-Planck-Society.
PVX is working fine, compatible with all hardware H.323 clients, so the
embedding in the AG world should be straightforward.

Ulli

--
Dr. Ulrich Schwenn

Head of Multimedia and Videoconferencing Group
Computing Center Garching
Max-Planck-Gesellschaft &
Max-Planck-Institut für Plasmaphysik
Boltzmannstr. 2