[AG-TECH] GWARE ON WINE

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Jan 10 09:59:03 CST 2006

Christoph Willing said:

> For the AP400, you should use the AP-WARE software which you already
> use under Windows (not GWARE, which is for the XAP400).
>
> We've been able to run the AP-WARE itself OK under WINE, but don't
> have an AP400 to actually connect to. We _think_ that AP-WARE under
> WINE should now connect to, and control, an AP400. It'd be great if
> you could give it a try and let us know the result.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with AP-WARE. The program loads fine, then
when I try to connect to our AP400, I get the errors mentioned in the FAQ
as normal, then nothing. I can add an AP-400, it then says its connecting,
but its not the Matrix I configured. I confirmed this by restarting the
program and just adding an AP400. I guess it comes with a default
configuration you can play around with with before connecting and
uploading the changes.

Disconnecting, then trying to exit I get an OLE error, the program hangs
and Wine starts a debugger.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu