[AG-TECH] Osprey 300 capture card vic woes

monika.k.rabarison at ccaix.jsums.edu monika.k.rabarison at ccaix.jsums.edu
Mon Feb 27 12:38:12 CST 2006

Hey,

I had a similar issue on Windows. Not sure if this is
exactly the case for you though. When I select the capture
card driver as the resource in the VideoService
Configuration, vic crashes. Selecting "Microsoft WDM Image
Capture (Win32)" instead, made vic works smoothly.

-Monika

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup an access grid system. We are using a
> linux machine to host the venue server and windows XP
> machines for the access grid clients. Each machine is
> identical and has the same specs.
>
> * Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
> * 1GB ram
> * 160gb disk
> * nvidia quatro 1400 dual dvi card
> * osprey 300 video capture card
>
> Software running on each machine is windows xp SP2
> Access grid toolkit 2.4
>
> I setup the first 2 clients and everything worked fine.
> When setting up the second 2 clients however I ran into
> some difficulties. The vic capture process crashes with a
> runtime error.
>
> The only difference between the setup procedures was that
> on the 2 clients that do work the capture card drivers
> were simply installed using the windows add/remove devices
> utility. However on the 2 clients that are having the
> problems the capture card drivers were installed using the
> setup utility that came on the cd. There was a dialog
> during the install to set the format of the video ( i.e.
> NTSC, PAL ... ). PAL was choosen here.
>
> So far I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the way
> that worked previously. Downloaded the latest osprey
> drivers from the net and installed them using both
> methods. None of this has made any difference.
>
> On the 2 machines that do not work. All other software
> that accesses the capture card works perfectly, VLC,
> windows movie maker and the utilities that came with the
> capture card.
>
> Has anyone come accross anything similar or know of any
> where to go from here? I would greatly appreciate any
> help.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niall.

> | Niall Moran
> | Systems Administrator
> | Irish Centre for High-End Computing
>  \niall.moran at ichec.ie

Monika Rabarison
Systems Administrator
Jackson State University
Office: (601)979-5933
SciVis Lab: (601)979-1061
http://vislab.jsums.edu

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid; humans
are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they
are powerful"  Albert Einstein