Rif: Re: [AG-TECH] AGtk 3 beta1: venue server troubleshooting under Windows XP

Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it
Wed Feb 22 09:22:26 CST 2006

Thomas:
I found and deleted/re-created many times both the venueserver.dat and
.cfg file. I still have the same trouble: the VenueManagementTool doesn't
allow me to add roles or personsl. The only existent role is
"RegisteredPeople", it's empty and (as mentionned before) I cannot add any
person to it nor create other roles.
How can I address this problem?
Thanx
Faber B.

> Fabrizio:
>
> This issue was addressed in other mail on the list.  Have you resolved
it?

> AG3 will use the VenueServer.cfg and VenueServer.dat files in the
current
> directory;
> if those files are from AG2, they will still be used.  You can avoid
this by
> starting
> from a different directory, or by moving these files to another
directory.

> If you have any more trouble, please do let me know.
>
> Grazie,
> Tom
>

> On 2/16/06 10:42 AM, Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it wrote:
> >
> > I completely removed a previuous installation of AGtk-2.4 from the
> > machine (win2k) that hosted the venueserver, then installed AGtk 3
> > beta1. When I launched the Venue Server and the Venue Management Tool
it
> > showed the same venues configuration I had under AG 2.4... Where is
this
> > information stored? How can I remove it?
> >
> > owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov scritti il 16/02/2006 15.45.18
> >
> >  >
> >  > By the way, it seems that something's started "moving" on my AGtk 3
> >  > server: I removed my certificated user (globus Identity
Certificate)
> >  > and installed a "service" certificate. Now I can finally reach my
> >  > VenueServer via the VenueManagementTool. However there's still
> >  > something strange: I went to the "manage security" tag of my
default
> >  > lobby venue in order to check the status of allowed and disallowed
> >  > people/actions: in fact the section is empty, there's only a
> >  > "Registered people" entry which contains nothing (no ppl, no
> >  > actions). I tried to add some persons but no luck: I can only add
> >  > roles but cannot fill them and so I cannot configure any
> >  > people/action... maybe this is the reason why I cannot enter the
> >  > venue with my client...
> >  > I'll try to "reset" the server configuration and restart the
> >  > service... stay tuned ;-)
> >  > Thanx again for your attention and support,
> >  > Faber B.
> >  >
> >  > "Thomas D. Uram" <turam at mcs.anl.gov> scritti il 16/02/2006 15.10.45
> >  >
> >  > > I'm not sure why it didn't get forwarded, but will check.
Meanwhile,
> >  > > you can put them in web space and point at them with a url.
> >  > >
> >  > > Tom
> >  > >
> >  > >
> >  > > On 2/16/06 7:57 AM, Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it wrote:
> >  > > >
> >  > > > It seems I'm no more able to send messages to the mailing
list... or
> >  > > > maybe I cannot send it with an attachment. How can I post my
> > server logs
> >  > > > with a message on the ml? Is there some restriction?
> >  > > >
> >  > > > Thanx for suggestions
> >  > > > Faber B.
> >  > > >
> >  > > > owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov scritti il 15/02/2006 16.29.18
> >  > > >
> >  > > >  > Helllo Fabrizio:
> >  > > >  >
> >  > > >  > Can you send more of your logfile?  (Send to me personally
if
> > it's
> >  > > > very big.)
> >  > > >  >
> >  > > >  > This error should not be happening, and I suspect it is
somehow
> >  > > > related to
> >  > > >  > server initialization that would be reflected earlier in the

> > logfile.
> >  > > >  >
> >  > > >  > Since you also had trouble with VenueManagement, you could
> > also include
> >  > > >  > that logfile.
> >  > > >  >
> >  > > >  > Grazie,
> >  > > >  > Tom
> >  > > >  >
> >  > > >  >
> >  > > >  > On 2/15/06 9:15 AM, Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it wrote:
> >  > > >  > >
> >  > > >  > > Hello all,
> >  > > >  > > I'm trying to configure venueserver and client on a WinXP
> > machine in
> >  > > >  > > order to have a look to the new release of AGtk (for
future
> >  > > > migration of
> >  > > >  > > our current server/clients). I installed all the packages
> >  > indicated on
> >  > > >  > > the download link but I'm not able to connect my client to

> > the local
> >  > > >  > > venueserver: the server rejects the connection with the
> > following
> >  > > > message:
> >  > > >  > > 02/15/06 16:11:51 3576 Security
> > authorizationmanager.py:216 DEBUG
> >  > > >  > > Rejecting access from unidentified user as part of
Everybody