[AG-TECH] agtk3

Michael W Elmore MWElmore at lbl.gov
Fri Feb 3 18:23:51 CST 2006

Tom,
I have been trying to get my agtk3 to work again.  I left the audio
service on and tremoved all of the rest.
 I have to store the configuration as auto because the default will not
change to another configuration.
Eventually, the rat will start, but it takes minutes, and the venue
client says not responding.  Rat will start if I wait long enough
(almost 3 minutes).
However, the venue client doesn't change from not responding.  When I
close the venue client, Rat stays open.  Every time I close the Venue
Client I get a Pythonw.exe error.  I added video service and I get the
same result.  Rat will start but it takes a long time.  The venue client
changes to not responding and the video  service never starts.  I have
selected my logitech camera as the device for the video service.

	I have figured out why AGTK 2.4 video services changed when I was
changing video services in 3.
I was misled about which agtk I was working in.    Start/Program
Files/Access Grid ToolKit 3 has moved some of the executables
from the 2.4 program folder to the 3 folder.  Which is why agtk3 had
certificates.  All of these executables now appear under 3.
when you when you select Program Files/ Access Grid Toolkit 3:
Configure
Documentation
services
manage certificates
request a certificate
uninstall
venue client
venue client debug
venue management tool
view read me

All of the executables associated with these folders still show up as
agtk2.4 if you look at their properties.  Which is why the
changes I made under configure and node wizard changed my agtk 2.4.

The video finally did show up after I had been working on this letter
for a while. (I had turned on the video service.)

I closed the application again.  I got the pythonw.exe error and neither
rat or vic closed.

Also, I checked the processes.  While waiting for rat to show up, ratui
and rat don't appear.  However, there were two python.exe and 49
pythonw.exe.  They don't drop off when I close the application.
Tried one more time.  Rat showed up after 3 minutes.  Still waiting for
vic.(Got lost connection message after 8 minute: No vic)
I think this is enough for now.
Thanks,
MIke