[AG-TECH] Error installing AG2.4

d.bowler at sheffield.ac.uk d.bowler at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Feb 3 16:31:32 CST 2006

On 3 Feb 2006 at 14:55, Nagykaldi, Zsolt F. (HSC) wrote:

> Make sure your video device is properly installed. VIC does that if
> you have video service enabled, but no camera to connect to (or VIC
> does not recognize the capture card/camera).

The camera that I am using is a USB camera, Creative, and I have got
it installed and it is enabled in Services. In Scanner and Cameras in
the Control Panel in WindowsXP it is recognised and tests OK there
but it seems when Vic starts, a grey panel appears then that is where I
get the Microsoft C++ error concerning the video services. I will be
back at work on Monday and try reinstalling the camera drivers again,
thanks for all the help