[AG-TECH] AccessGrid install Automation

Brook Milligan brook at biology.nmsu.edu
Tue Dec 19 09:22:40 CST 2006

Chris Kendrick writes:
 > Was hoping to script the install of my AccessGrid machines for both 2.4
 > and 3.x.  They are running Fedora Core 6 and using the
 > "http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/fedora/" ropo.

One solution to this problem that will also ease the management of all
the dependencies required by AG is to include it within the pkgsrc
system (www.pkgsrc.org).  Pkgsrc is cross-platform so it would be
useable on most (if not all) of the AG target architectures.  Suitable
binary packages for all relevant platforms could easily and
automatically be made from the same package source.  This would make
deployment of each individual system very simple, either from source
code or from binary packages.

If there is interest in the AG community I would be glad to help guide
the process of developing the packages.

Cheers,
Brook