[AG-TECH] AG2 and AG3 venue servers on one machine

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Mon Aug 7 12:58:19 CDT 2006

	Yes, I originally had my 2.x server at port 8000, apparently the
default. So.. now we have two incompatible venue servers that all want
to be the same default? That was a smart idea :>
	Since I already have 2.x installations around that use the one on port
8000 as a default/home venue, I thought I'd just add AG3 on as port
9000. Now, I guess it's possible to try it the other way and just run to
all my installations and change them. In trying to run the AG2 venue
server on port 900x, it doesn't start its text chat thing on port 9004
either. Nothing's running on that port. And, just like it was with AG3,
a venue client can't connect to it.
	I have the ports specified in VenueServer.cfg. All, but the 'textPort'
one seem to work. The text chat thing isn't even trying to bind to port
8004 either, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Do I have to redo my
venue server from scratch if I change the port?
	I was specifying the text, event and date ports for AG3, yes. I had
them set to the 900x equivalants and a venue client couldn't connect to it.

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111
IRI 323, School of Informatics