[AG-TECH] AG2 and AG3 venue servers on one machine

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Mon Aug 7 10:21:34 CDT 2006

	Hi,

	I've installed AG2 and AG3 venue servers on one machine, with the idea
of having them co-exist but running on different ports. I noticed that
even if I specify a port of 9000 to the AG3 venue server, it still wants
to listen on 8002 etc. That seems a bit unhelpful. I've been able to get
both of them running by having a VenueServer.cfg file but, but the AG3
VenueServer isn't listening for its text chat port of 9004. Does the AG3
VenueServer have to listen on port 8000? I don't really want to have yet
another box just to run the venue server, but is that the only
recommended way of setting them up?
	Another question related to this is about keeping the two venue servers
synchronized. For the time being, it's going to be likely to have to run
both side by side. It would be nice if the configuration from one could
be mirrored from another and synchronized either by a manual or
automatic operation without having to perform the same edits in each.
	Hints are appreciated. Thanks,

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111