[AG-TECH] AG 3.0 beta 2 - Video Capture not working

Nathan Gardiner nathan.gardiner at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Apr 20 23:39:56 CDT 2006

Hi there,

I am testing out the AG 3.0 beta 2 downloadable from the Access Grid
website. I am using Windows XP SP2 with a Spectra 8 4 port video capture
card.

Currently in AG 2.4 I have to select each video feed when entering a
venue. What I was hoping to achieve and what I believe has been
accomplished in the new version was to get the video feeds from the
Spectra card to automatically detect each video feed and load up without
me having to manually select them. But it appears as though it is still
the same. I still have to manually select each video feed.

I have noticed though in Manage My Node that the Spectra video feeds do
appear when I add a video producer. I select these individual video
feeds and save the settings.

I thought the previous version being installed on the same pc may be the
cause of this problem, so I completed uninstalled everything and then
only reinstalled AG 3.0 beta 2 but still this problem appeared.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can this problem be overcome?

Many thanks,
Nathan Gardiner
Human Interface Technology Lab NZ (HIT Lab NZ)
Room 110, Old Maths Building, University of Canterbury
DDI: +64 3 364 3072, Cell: +64 21 163 2956, http://www.hitlabnz.org
<http://www.hitlabnz.org/>