[AG-TECH] Re: AGVCR

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Thu Apr 20 14:40:15 CDT 2006

	Hi Phillip,

	I was able to recreate the problem on a windows machine (AGVCR appeared
to lock up after 16 minutes), and it was running GTK 2.6.10 as a
runtime. I then removed GTK 2.6 and installed GTK 2.8.9 (the latest
available Windows installer) and re-tried the test in the same venue
(Venue Client didn't even get shut down between tests) and AGVCR has
been running fine for over 45 minutes and still going as I write this
email, so I would suggest trying GTK 2.8.9 to see if it helps you too.
	I think I will need to update the Windows GTK runtime to 2.8 and
possibly put a note on the website. Given the apparent GTK bug with
AGVCR running on GTK 2.6 I may even move to compiling the Windows build
against 2.8 to make it 'compulsory' to use 2.8.

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111
IRI 323, School of Informatics