[AG-TECH] AGVCR Launcher released

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Thu Apr 13 16:01:50 CDT 2006

	Hi,

	I thought I'd make a small announcement that I've released an
AccessGrid Shared Application, 'AGVCR Launcher', that when launched in a
venue will start AGVCR and configure it automatically from the Venue
information.
	It supports encrypted venues and has a configuration dialog for a local
configuration option of a default directory to save files in
(automatically named based on Venue name and date). Once set, it will be
remembered every time that AGVCR Launcher runs, regardless of venue. It
works either with an installed AGVCR or with the standalone packages
available, depending on your situation. Since it's just a Python script
it of course works on all platforms.
	It borrows heavily from SharedBrowser and I also took hints/ideas from
Namgon Kim's AGConnector. A big thanks to those authors  since it gave
me a good starting point into writing AG shared apps (and Python in
general!)

	Project website is:

http://iri.informatics.indiana.edu/~dcpiper/agvcr/

	Please download it, give it a go, and let me know what you think.

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111
IRI 323, School of Informatics