[AG-TECH] Doorbell for the grid?

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Thu Apr 13 08:17:27 CDT 2006

G'day Brian

Thanks for your email.  I understand your comment, but from a personal
point of view, I work in an environment that contains a variety of sound
levels and I am regularly working on other projects.  I have found that
that having "listen" on and having someone yelling out "are you free
Jason" works well (I have been doing this for around 3 years now).  I
guess in some way, it works like a door bell, but instead people are
calling out your name.  The other advantage is that people can see if
you are in the local area, before they say hello :-)

I guess in my opinion, someone asking for you personally is better than
having some form of alarm going off.  Though I guess there would be some
cases where having something directly alerting you (similar to a phone)
would be necessary.

Again, this is just my opinion, though I think this is an interesting
topic.

Once again, thanks for your reply and I look forward to hearing what
other people have to say.

Cheers,
Jason.