[AG-TECH] Anybody used the SOLO USB microphone?

Bonnett, PG (Paul) P.G.Bonnett at rl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 13 02:56:31 CDT 2006

 I am testing a new US Robotics unit which I picked up for a bargain
price.

http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?alert=categoryr
esults&product_id=USRNA04MYM

The unit works quite well for 1 to 2 people around a laptop.
It is very small & light.
Echo cancelling works
It needs no drivers with XP, truly plug & play.
Automatically takes over all laptop sound in & out
Has local Mute & volume controls.

Here in UK it is less than half the price of the Duet.
The box says it's Skype approved also.

I am using them with some 'portable' PIG systems as they are cheap,
effective, and idiot proof.

Paul