[AG-TECH] Ag 2.4 Build for Suse 10

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Apr 11 14:30:10 CDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 13:51 -0500, Jeremy Mann wrote:
> Great! Thanks Douglas. Is there a proper order to compile these in?

> > I now use real SRPMs to build everything and the SRPMs can be found here:
> >     http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/fedora/
> >

> > if you want to build compat-AccessGrid-2.4 on Suse, grab the folllowing
> > SRPMs:
> >   AccessGrid-rat
> >   AccessGrid-vic
> >   QuickBridge
> >   compat-AccessGrid-2.4
> >   globus-accessgrid
> >   pyOpenSSL_AG
> >   python-SOAPpy
> >   python-fpconst
> > then rpmbuild --rebuild them.

I should have added pyGlobus to the above list.

compat-AccessGrid-2.4 needs to be built and installed last. pyGlobus
after globus-accessgrid and python-SOAPpy after python-fpconst.

I wouldn't worry too much about the build order as the BuildRequires in
the spec files will let you know if a build dependency isn't getting
satisfied when you try to rpmbuild each of the RPMs.

I should also mention that AccessGrid-rat-4.2.22-*cvs*.src.rpm (i.e. ANL
CVS rat) can only be built as a 32bit RPM, it might be able to be built
by setting the rpmbuild --target arch argument to i586 (or however 32bit
RPMs get built on Suse x86-64). If it doesn't want to get built as
32bit, you may need to build rat on a 32bit Suse instead.

There is also a 64bit clean
AccessGrid-rat-4.2.22-20051206darcs.*.src.rpm (i.e from Steve Smiths
darcs repository) which would build as either 32bit or 64bit. The 32bit
built rat seems to have less glitches than the 64bit.

Cheers,
Doug.