[AG-TECH] Old documentation missing?

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Fri Sep 30 10:58:48 CDT 2005

Hi Jeremy,

That device is called an ATI Matchmaker MM100, they are hard to find
anymore.....do a google search on them, you might be able to locate
one....here's where we  found
one:  http://www.atiguys.com/?fa=search&text=mm100

The document Jennifer pointed you to is the doc I was thinking of....but I
know there is one that has an up close image of the phoenix plug
conversion......I can't find that one, but I have a hard copy of images if
you need them....

At 09:16 AM 9/30/2005, Jennifer Teig von Hoffman wrote:
>Hi Jeremy,
>
>Hmm, I'm not sure which document you're looking for, but one that comes to
>mind is Gary Refka's "Building an AG Node:"
>
>http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp/guide/building-an-access-grid-node.html
>
>I can't seem to find the specific image of splicing wires, though, so this
>may not be it.
>
>- Jennifer
>
>Jeremy Mann wrote:
>>I'm trying to find the documentation of connecting an AP400 Gentner to an
>>Access Grid node. It was an older document I remember reading several
>>months ago. It showed several nice images of splicing wires to connect the
>>1/8" connectors to some device then to the Gentner.
>>I need to know what that device was between the computer and Gentner. We
>>have a situation connecting a new AP400 to our portable AG node where the
>>audio in and out of the Gentner is not at the right levels. Even when
>>turning everything up to the maximum levels, the audio is very soft. I'm
>>guessing this device was some sort of level converter or preamp.
>>Thanks for any help!

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544