[AG-TECH] Loopback Multicast and linux

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Oct 27 09:55:41 CDT 2005

Relating this particularly to using VP, although it does apply to vic as well.
Under linux vic doesn't loopback the multicast to the localhost, so in the VP
window I can't see my own video.  I've done a simple 3 line hack to vic to
make this work, but was wondering if anyone else had comments on what the
default behaviour should be.

Do people reckon this should be a commandline option to vic?

jh

--
"I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, than screaming in
  terror like his passengers."                        -- Bob Monkhouse (?)