[AG-TECH] Questions about remote presentation technology software

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Oct 17 09:50:07 CDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Derek Piper wrote:

> 	Possibly the 'Anabas' thing was before I was here, but I do remember
> using the inSORS 'IGPix' for doing a shared presentation thing. Even though
> we use the basic AccessGrid stuff, the other sites were wanting IGPix. We had
> a speaker here, as well as him listening to other presentations. As far as I
> recall it worked satisfactorily. It just did powerpoint slides. The
> SharedPresentation is much more slick imho.

IGPix isn't limited to powerpoint, it's a generic screengrabber.  It also has
one up on SharedPresentation (unless I'm wrong and SP does too) that it works
nicely with non-AG2 clients.  But don't view that as me saying it's the nuts.
I'm against it as it's not Free.

jh

--
"A man ceases to be a beginner in any given science and becomes a master in
  that science when he has learned that he is going to be a beginner all his