[AG-TECH] Configuring and Running BridgeServer

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Oct 11 10:17:15 CDT 2005

Robert, you can't run the Venue/BridgeServer service on the same machine
that does video encoding due to the BridgeServer taking control of the
multicast ports for video. Your best bet is to make a dedicated computer
as your Venue/Bridge Server.

Johnston, Robert Bruce said:
> AG Tech,
>
>      We are trying to implement BridgeServer and it does not seem to be
> working for us. To help explain our configuration I've attached both the
> configuration file and the BridgeServer log file.  From a quick glance
> at the log file, it looks as if we have a Certificate problem but I'm
> not sure how to resolve it.  Can you take a look and see if you have any
> ideas as to what we may be doing wrong?   Here's our configuration:
>
>       We have a two CPU AG node located outside of our firewall which is
> currently running AG 2.3.  The first machine is a Windows box for audio,
> display, and the Venue client.  The second box is running Red Hat Linux
> Enterprise for video encoding and is the box we are trying to bring up
> the BridgeServer on.  As our first test, we went to the ORNL venue,
> under "Government Instutitions" and recorded the venue URL, which is the
> URL we were using in the BridgeServer configuration file.  We made the
> assumption that the BridgeServer was not working because we never got
> any feed back after issuing the command line and the Unicast option was
> never highlighted in the venue client.  One other thing I probably
> should mention, the certificate is working fine with the Service Manager
> for the Video encoding service.
>
>    Please let me know if you need any additional information to help
> define our problem.
>

> Thanks

> R. Bruce Johnston,    johnstonrb at ornl.gov
>
> Networking and Computing Technologies Division
>
> Oak Ridge National Laboratory
>
> Rm. J309-5, Bldg. 5600,  MS-6018
>
> Phone:  865.574.8806    Fax:  865.241.6982

Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility
http://www.bioinformatics.uthscsa.edu