[AG-TECH] AGTk on MacOS

Charles Nichols charles.nichols at mso.umt.edu
Wed Oct 5 10:37:32 CDT 2005

I'm unable to get AGTk 2.3 or 2.4 to run under Mac OS X.3.9 or OS X.
4.2 on a PowerBook G4 1.67 or 800, even though everything installed
successfully according to the instructions on the web page.

These are the problems I'm having:

for Services->Node Service

I get the following exception:

/Applications/AccessGridToolkit.app/Contents/MacOS/runns.sh; exit
Welcome to Darwin!
ss127music1:~ cnichols$ /Applications/AccessGridToolkit.app/Contents/
MacOS/runns.sh; exit
Starting Node Service URL: https://10.8.23.30:11000/NodeService
Starting Service Manager URL: https://10.8.23.30:11000/ServiceManager
Starting Service URI: https://10.8.23.30:50119/Service
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Applications/AccessGridToolkit.app/Contents/Resources/bin/
AGServiceManager.py", line 147, in ?
     main()
   File "/Applications/AccessGridToolkit.app/Contents/Resources/bin/
AGServiceManager.py", line 132, in main
     gNodeService.LoadDefaultConfig()
   File "/Applications/AccessGridToolkit.app/Contents/Resources/lib/
python2.3/site-packages/AccessGrid/AGNodeService.py", line 382, in
LoadDefaultConfig
     raise Exception("Failed to load default configuration <%s>" %
Exception: Failed to load default configuration <defaultMac>

for Configuration->Node Setup Wizard

I input Display Machine Name but get "Could not connect.  Is a
service manager running at a given machine and port?"

for Main->Venue Client

I can enter the Lobby of https://vv2.mcs.anl.gov:9000/Venues/default
and can see other participants listed and chat, but don't show up in
the RAT of other participants, and don't hear audio or see video.

-Charles

Charles Nichols
University of Montana
Department of Music