[AG-TECH] ClearOne AccuMic PC Desktop Echo-Cancelling Microphone

R. P. Channing ["Rick"] Rodgers rodgers at nlm.nih.gov
Tue Nov 29 15:19:30 CST 2005

Dear AG Colleagues,

I am working with some collaborators to set up a set of AG nodes.  At least one
of these will be in a small conference room.  They are understandably hesitant
to invest in a $3000 Clearone (formerly Gentner) echo canceller (XAP400),
and have pointed out an interesting echo-cancelling microphone, the ClearOne
"AccuMic PC Desktop Echo-Cancelling Microphone", viewable at:

   http://mcsnetzone.com/clmifa.html

I'd feel happier about advising the purchase of this $600 unit if I could talk
to one or more folks who have used it successfully in an AG setup.  Does anyone
out there have experience with this unit?  If so, I'd be delighted to hear
from you...

Thanks in advance, Rick Rodgers

R. P. C. Rodgers, M.D. * rodgers at nlm.nih.gov * (301)435-3267 (voice, fax)
OHPCC, LHNCBC, U.S. National Library of Medicine, NIH
Bldg 38, Rm. B1N-30F2, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda MD 20894 USA
http://lhc.nlm.nih.gov/staff/rodgers/rodgers.html