[AG-TECH] Multicast Beacon for Win32

Andrew A Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 03:44:58 CST 2005

Hi,

I have managed to install the new beacon on windows machines using cygwin (www.cygwin.com).  It almost works as it is, except that you need to add the following line to common/src/net_udp.c (just after the #includes is fine):

#define inet_pton(a,b,c) inet_aton((b), (struct in_addr *)(c))

This is because cygwin does not support IPV6 yet.  Adding this line allows the compilation to be successful.

You don't need much of a cygwin installation to get this working either - just the basic stuff really.

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,
Manchester Computing,