[AG-TECH] Multicast Beacon for Win32

Supreeya Miller Supreeya.Miller at usm.edu
Wed Nov 23 13:50:49 CST 2005

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the nice info.

I do have a question for you.  I'm running cygwin, too.  After installing
the beacon, I ran the command beacon and got a nice thank you message.  Then
I commented the line STOPME in beacon.conf, I got this message:

Getting configuration information from file "/usr/local/etc/beacon.conf".
BEACONPIDFILE open failed at /usr/local/bin/beacon line 2432.

I then uncommented the STOPME line, I got a nice thank you message again.

Can you help me fix this problem?

Supreeya Miller
System Administrator, Scientific Visualization Researcher, and Access Grid
Coordinator
Center of Higher Learning
Building 1103 Room 102
Stennis Space Center, MS  39529