[AG-TECH] Multicast Beacon for Win32

Don Morton Don.Morton at umontana.edu
Tue Nov 22 08:51:58 CST 2005

Howdy,

After a long absence I'm looking into getting a PIG going
again, and I see the AG world has changed much in two years!

At this point, the plan is to use an XP machine, and I just
got connected to Multicast this morning (or so we think).
At least in the old days, the next step was to start running
a multicast beacon and see if you show up on the matrix.

I've gone to

http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Beacon/

and see that the world is apparently using
Multicast Beacon v1.3, but there don't appear
to be any Windoze versions of Beacon 1.3.
Am I correct in assuming that the Beacon 1.1 that
Ivan compiled for Win32 some time ago is incompatible?

Bottom line - can someone point me to info on setting up
a beacon for an XP machine?  Once I've verified multicast, I'll
try to install the AG Toolkit.

Thanks,

Don Morton
U. Montana