[AG-TECH] xdvshow for Fedora Core 4 at agcentral

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Wed Nov 2 19:33:41 CST 2005

Colleagues

I would like to inform you that thanks very much to the work of Douglas
Kosovic, we now have rpm's for xdvshow for Fedora Core 4 at agcentral.
See
(http://agcentral.org/downloads/xdvshow/releases/0.3/psc_release_view)

I have been using xdvshow recently to view "DV" streams which have shown
to be of a very high quality.  I have recently conducted a DV streaming
test by sending and receiving DV streams from Rockhampton to Canberra at
30megs a stream each.

To send the DV stream, I used a windows machine using DVTS
(http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/DVTS/).

I thought this might be of interest to some of you in the AG community.

Cheers,
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.
B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

Network Engineer
Information Technology Division
Central Queensland University

High Performance Computing Support Officer
Central Queensland University

Research Assistant to the Nonlinear
Intelligent Systems Research Group
Faculty of Informatics & Communication