[AG-TECH]Question About Audio/Video Freezing

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Nov 1 03:04:09 CST 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, John Langkals wrote:

> Ultimately this is difficult to debug without giving you more concrete data
> but from your experiences, what could have been going on?   I would have
> expected to have been disconnected from the venue and require reconnecting
> to the room.

I'd agree that this sounds like it could be multicast problems.  The
connection to the AG VenueServer is going to be unicast isn't it, so that
would survive.  vic and rat are both designed to cope with 'losing
connection' and picking back up again without intervention, so I think that
fits.

jh

--
"It is the final proof of God's omnipotence that he need not exist in order to
  save us."                                           -- Peter De Vries