[AG-TECH]Question About Audio/Video Freezing

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Tue Nov 1 07:20:55 CST 2005

	Yea, I'd agree too. VIC and RAT use UDP, which is by design
connectionless. You either get packets or you don't. VIC and RAT will
hang around forever waiting for something. VIC holds on to 'dead'
streams for up to a minute or two before they 'drop off'. If the source
comes back with the same SSRC then it just picks up where it left off,
but if they came back with a different SSRC (i.e. THEY restarted their
VIC/RAT) then they'll pop up in different windows. RAT times out its
entries quicker than VIC does AFAICS. The Venue Client is indeed a TCP
based connection so that's the only 'connection' in place (actually 2
TCP connections).

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111