[AG-TECH] Error on FC4 install tutorial at agcentral

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Tue Nov 1 00:07:41 CST 2005

Colleagues

It has come to my attention that there was a slight error on my "AG2.4
Installation Guide for RedHat Fedora Core 4" tutorial found at
http://agcentral.org.

Particularly the section "Installation of the AccessGrid 2.4 software"
where I had defined the ag-fedora-stable.repo to be:

[base]
name=AccessGrid Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/FC$releasever/stable/RP
MS/$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

where it should be

[ag-fedora-stable]
name=AccessGrid Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/FC$releasever/stable/RP
MS/$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

This would cause 2 [base] repositories and thereby not allowing certain
dependencies to be found and/or other packages to be correctly updated.

I have now updated this section
http://agcentral.org/help/tutorial/ag2.4-install-fc4/installag2.4 to
contain the correct information.

Please note that I regularly update this and other tutorials as any new
information comes to light or any errors are found. This is one of the
advantages of "agcentral" and I recommend that using the web version as
it will always be the current and up to date version.

Sorry if this error causes anyone inconveniences.

Regards,
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.
B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

Network Engineer
Information Technology Division
Central Queensland University

High Performance Computing Support Officer
Central Queensland University

Research Assistant to the Nonlinear
Intelligent Systems Research Group
Faculty of Informatics & Communication