[AG-TECH] AG Developers mailing list available

Darran Edmundson darran.edmundson at anu.edu.au
Thu May 26 07:05:39 CDT 2005

On 26/05/2005, at 3:33 AM, Brian Corrie wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I am not sure that that is the best solution... I personally am not
> terribly good at going to forum's to check discussion groups. I
> think that there are others like me in that regard. Thus relying
> just on the portal may reduce the involvement of some people.

I agree fully.  I'm a mailing list person, going to web forums only
infrequently in search
of solutions to specific problems.  Having said that, answers are
usually forthcoming
which implies that there are expert lurkers waiting to answer.  And
web forums do give
a really nice searchable archive as they typically don't have the
"reply and quote everything"
mentality of mailing lists, sig files, header and footer cruft, etc.

If Tom and crew are amenable, I'd be interested in pursuing a means
of archiving
ag-tech an ag-dev within the portal.  Not a gateway, just a really
nice searchable
archive of acrued knowledge.  (I've already got a lot of the code
lying around as
part of an OpenSceneGraph knowledge base system underway.)

Cheers,
darran.