[AG-TECH] DV / HDV Integration with AG

Chris Rosenthal cmr.evl at gmail.com
Fri May 20 10:02:37 CDT 2005

Hello all,

We have been experimenting with DV and HDV video conferencing, and so
far we have used the DVTS software from the Wide group
(http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/DVTS/) with some success for DV.

I also came across the high-quality video service for AG
(http://netmedia.gist.ac.kr/agdv/) and this paper
(http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/flevents/ag/agr04/talks/kim-gist-paper.pdf).

Is anyone using this software (or others) to do dv or hdv
teleconferencing?  Even better, has anyone integrated dv or hdv into
their AG node?  I think something was demo'ed a while back?

I know there has been some discussion lately about AG3.  Is there a
plan for moving away from vic into something that will support higher
quality video?

Thanks for the help.

Chris

--