[AG-TECH] How to setup unicast bridge on Windows?

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri May 20 19:23:31 CDT 2005

Hi Tom,

Thomas D. Uram" wrote:
> Oh, and it compiles in vs.net, too (contrary to my original posting), but
> fails to start in that case, too.

I'm pretty certain that the problem is that QuickBridge.c includes winsock.h
(i.e Winsock-1) but is linked against Ws2_32.lib (i.e Winsock-2).

So I think the following line:
#include <winsock.h>

needs to be changed to:
#include <winsock2.h>
#include <ws2tcpip.h>

I've had a similar problem with multicast on Windows before with a program I
wrote.

See the following for more details:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q257460

> On 05/20/05 03:39, Andrew A Rowley wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For anyone interested in doing this, Quickbridge actually compiles as it
>> is under cygwin in windows, however it does not actually start.  This is
>> something to do with binding to the multicast address as far as I can
>> tell.  Of course this could be a lack of support for multicast in
>> cygwin...
>>
>> Andrew :)

Cheers,
Doug