[AG-TECH] Portable AG node

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Thu Mar 31 18:36:02 CST 2005

Natalia,

I need to get you a picture of how the cables are placed on ours (maybe
I'll take the top off and show you that way) - but basically, I have a
set of cable ends from the phoenix connectors on the XAP400 that just
run to the back in a flexible conduit with XLR connectors where the
cables (which are coiled up on hooks on the sides when in "storage/move
mode" and simply plugged into the connectors on the back when in use.
This lets me mix and match for distances, etc.

Note: a lot of 2" wide velcro was used in keeping things in place  -
monitors, gentner (helps cushion during travel as well), other devices
- even the powerbricks from the monitors, etc). Walmart, fabric section
- black or white is where you find lots of the stuff... =)

I'm setting up the system over the weekend for a conference, i'll get
some detailed picture for  you on that. My preference would have been
to put a patch panel somewhere on the cart but just never got around to
it - i.e. it works, it's quick, we've been so busy I haven't done more
to it! But it could be cleaned up.

Someone was telling me that the audio folks have some nifty cards for
rackmounting equipment that are mobile... i have to look into that...
they did say it was $$$$ though...

-John Q.
--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.