[AG-TECH] OS X rat

David McNabb mcnabb at umd.edu
Wed Mar 16 12:32:46 CST 2005

Hi Folks,

I am having great luck using an "iMic", a USB device that accepts
either line-level or mic-level mic input (mini stereo plug) as well as
sends out audio to, say, the headset.  Right now I'm on in the test room
using the iMic to feed the mic part of my Altec Lansing AHS 302 into
USB but I've plugged the headphones cable into the G5 front-panel
headset port.  It seem to be working, but I have not had many people
on to test this.  Between my two nodes here (G5/OSX and Dell Precision
650/XP) it seem to be fine.

The Griffin iMic USB Audio Interface (T3041LL/A in the Apple Store)
costs about $35 and is a must-have or analogue audio work on a Mac.

   --David

David McNabb
Project Lead, UMAGI
UM Access Grid Initiative