[AG-TECH] Re: AG teleconf on 8/3 (fwd)

Shawn Needham shawn at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 7 20:55:59 CST 2005

Hello All,

I'm trying to help a remote user configure an Access Grid setup on a G4
iBook running Mac OS X 10.3.8. He's encountering an error in proxy
initialization.

While registering for his Certificate he left the enable proxy unchecked.
His keys and certificates appear in his Certificate Manager but he does
not have any entries in the Trusted CA Certificates tab. I'm guessing that
this might be at fault.

We have tried reinstalling the AG software but this behavior persists.

Here's the problem as he described it in an email to me:

 * When he first start up the AG toolkit, and I start the venue client
   up, I am prompted for my passphrase.  I enter it, but I get a popup
   menu reading

    Error in proxy initialization:
    Missing CA Certificate
    Try again?

 * Now if I click "yes" the same thing happens again, but if I click
   "no" then the venue client pops up.  However, if I try to go to my
   home venue, I am prompted for my passphrase again and get the same
   message as above.

 * In my certificates manager, I see my certificates listed under the
   "certificates" tab, but with a "missing" proxy status on my default
   certificate.  My trusted CA certificates panel is empty.

Thanks,
Shawn