[AG-TECH] Use AG on LAN

Giosuè coordinate at virgilio.it
Thu Mar 3 12:22:30 CST 2005

I'm Giosuè a student of Computer Science Department of the University of
Bari - Italy -
and i'm working with Access Grid 2.3 for my thesis "Building and Setting of
a Node for Access Grid".

Have some questions about "How install and configure an Access Grid Node".

I must to do a test with 2 PC, an is Windows XP Home machine while the
another is a Fedora Core 3, where both run AG 2.3.
My department has for me only this machines, where i linked their with a
cross cable.
Windows XP machine has IP address 192.168.0.1 and Fedora has 192.168.0.2,
subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 like a normal private LAN.
Will run on Win XP only display service and on Fedora runs "audio" and
"video producer service" and "venue server".

My questions are?

1. Is possible to create an Access Grid Node with this LAN configuration?

2. If possible what can i do for building a node? Is multicast actived?

3. If add a venue (e.g. TestRoom) into "Venue Management" in the "Addressing
tab" is required a IP multicast address for video e audio stream, therefore
i must change ip address machine 192.168.0.1 into 224.0.0.1 (Win XP machine)
and 192.168.0.2 into 224.0.0.2 (Fedora machine) for example. Is correct this
procedure? If wrong, what do i do?

I read all document about AG, but my case is different.
For example when i required a valid certificate for each services i have
used like valid name machine "root.localhost.localdomain".
I tried to use "venue client" to connect at
https://venues.ncsa.uiuc.edu:9000/Venues/default and AG work fine.

Can you give me some suggestion?

Tank yours support.

Computer Science Department - University of Bari (Italy) (www.di.uniba.it)