[AG-TECH] Interesting use of VoIP

kathy gill kegill at u.washington.edu
Mon Jun 27 18:40:57 CDT 2005

Jeremy Mann wrote:

> We are doing a workshop over the AG this week and we've come across 2
> people that were having AG network problems. Interestly, both are Skype
> users. After a quick brainstorming session, I was able to patch the audio
> and video into my laptop and run Skype in conference call mode (with
> Video4Skype) and now they are able to participate in the workshop.

We did this in February with our connection with China, as well. It is a
nice option!

Of course, the US Supreme Court ruled today that there's nothing in
Internet service that like "telecommunications" so cable companies don't
have to open their lines to competition like teleco's. So what we're
doing -- with Skype, with AG -- isn't communication. Nor will it impact
teleco's. :) :)

Kathy

--

Kathy E. Gill