[AG-TECH] Interesting use of VoIP

Lee Margetts Lee.Margetts at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 13:54:12 CDT 2005

That is very interesting.  Personally, I (and my skype friends) abandoned using a PIG and started using SKYPE around a year ago.  It has easy conference calling, VoIP to standard telephone, easy file sharing and easy text chat.  It works 99.99% of the time and only takes 15-20 seconds to install from the web!  Even my granny uses it.  No messing about with multicast, bridges, the latest "in vogue"  MUD package, IP numbers, ports, AG2 etc. etc.

If there's video4skype too, I'm even less likely to return to AG.

By the way, this is my personal opinion ;-)  not U of Manchester policy)

Dr Lee Margetts
High Performance Computing
University of Manchester

http://www.sve.man.ac.uk/General/Staff/margetts