[AG-TECH] venue connection issues for new AG user

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Fri Jun 24 15:53:46 CDT 2005

Actually, we were able to connect to a venue on a ThinkPad T41 by doing the
following:

Before installing AGTk2.3, rename the directory IBMTOOLS\Python22\ to
something else, then
install wxPython, Python, and AGTk2.3.
We were then able to connect to venues.....

Before we were able to connect, we had tried reinstalling AGTk, we deleted
the PYTHONCASEOK environmental setting, etc.....but we still couldn't
connect to any venue.  Seems that Python22 is built in to those IBM's, and
you need to force them to use the Python23. You might be able to move the
Python 22 variables, but we didn't try that....I don't know how this
affects the stuff that used the Python22, so your mileage with other IBM
programs will vary.....:)

At 09:44 AM 6/24/2005, Anne Gorczyca wrote:
>On Thursday 23 June 2005 04:23 pm, Julia Mullen wrote:
> > In the first case, we went through the archived ag-tech list and
> > deleted teh PYTHONCASEOK environment setting - he followed up with
> > the suggestions from the AG tech archive, but still he cannot
> > connect.
>
>I followed all of the suggestions in the AG tech archive when I could
>not connect to a venue with a ThinkPad T43 (first reported to this list
>on 6/09/05). We even tried unistalling/reinstalling the AccessGrid
>software a few times, but nothing worked. Eventually I tried restoring
>the system to its factory state and then installed the AG software
>FIRST. After deleting just the PYTHONCASEOK environment setting I was
>able to connect to a venue. I'm still having audio and video problems
>so I'll work on that next week.
>
>Good luck.
>Anne

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544