[AG-TECH] venue connection issues for new AG user

Anne Gorczyca amg at haystack.mit.edu
Fri Jun 24 10:44:19 CDT 2005

On Thursday 23 June 2005 04:23 pm, Julia Mullen wrote:
> In the first case, we went through the archived ag-tech list and
> deleted teh PYTHONCASEOK environment setting - he followed up with
> the suggestions from the AG tech archive, but still he cannot
> connect.

I followed all of the suggestions in the AG tech archive when I could
not connect to a venue with a ThinkPad T43 (first reported to this list
on 6/09/05). We even tried unistalling/reinstalling the AccessGrid
software a few times, but nothing worked. Eventually I tried restoring
the system to its factory state and then installed the AG software
FIRST. After deleting just the PYTHONCASEOK environment setting I was
able to connect to a venue. I'm still having audio and video problems
so I'll work on that next week.

Good luck.
Anne