[AG-TECH] AG installation problem on Fedora core 2

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Jun 8 11:40:23 CDT 2005

Hi Fabio,

> I done what described on:
>
> Fedora Core 1, 2 & 3 AGTk 2.3 RPMs
> http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/fedora_instructions.html
> I suppose that it can be related to the AGNodeService.py

> but I can not run  AGNodeService because the script is NOT present:

> any idea?
> many thanks for help!

In AGTk 2.3 AGNodeService.py no longer exists because it's functionality is
now provided by AGServiceManager.py, e.g:

$ AGServiceManager.py --help
usage: AGServiceManager.py [options]
  -n, --nodeService     Run a node service interface too.

The is the Fedora AGTk menu entry for NodeService:
$ cat /usr/share/applications/AccessGrid/NodeService.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Exec=AGServiceManager.py -n

Also if you start VenueClient.py on the command-line with the
'--personalNode' switch, a NodeService is automatically started for you.
Similarly if you start VenueClient or 'VenueClient Debug' from the Gnome
Access Grid menu.

Cheers,
Doug