[AG-TECH] Invalid Pointer Error

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Jul 4 20:55:57 CDT 2005

Hi Ashley,

> My problem is that when I run "VenueClient.py --personalNode" I get the
> following error after the audio service is supposed to start.
> *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x000000000051305c ***
>
> After this the VenueClient shows the participants but there is no VIC or
> RAT.

If you:
   cd ~/.AccessGrid/local_services/AudioService
   ./rat 234.5.6.7/6000

Does rat then come up without the glibc error message?

if it doesn't, you could try exiting the VenueClient and kill any AG
processes, then:
  rm -rf ~/.AccessGrid/local_services/*
the next time you restart the venueClient, the contents of that directory
will be populated again.

> Is anybody able to help me with this problem?
> If you need more information let me know.

I've never tested the AGTk 2.3 Fedora Core 3 x86-64 RPMs on RHEL4 x86-64, I
just assumed that they would work.

Cheers,
Doug