[AG-TECH] unicas question

Andrew Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Jan 17 03:18:46 CST 2005

Hi,

Access Grid uses incoming and outgoing UDP packets.  Whether this will work
will depend on your ISP configuration.  It could be that your ISP blocks all
UDP traffic to and from your computer.  Alternatively, it could be that you
are using Network Address Translation (NAT) on a router to access the
internet.  In this case you will need to tell your router to forward the UDP
packets on the appropriate ports to your computer.  Note that the way in
which AGTk 2.3 works means that the ports that need to be opened/forwarded
might change each time you use Access Grid, even if you use the same venue.
This means you might need to reconfigure your router each time you access
the room.

Once you have selected "Use Unicast" from the "Preferences" menu, you can
find out which ports you need to open/forward by going to "Properties" on
the "Venue" menu.

If you tell me how your internet access is configured at home, I might be
able to give you more information...

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,