[AG-TECH] AG 2.3

Steve Gallo smgallo at ccr.buffalo.edu
Thu Jan 13 11:16:13 CST 2005

Hi George,

Which AG RPMs did you use?  I'm running RHEL3 on my audio and video
machines and WinXP on my display machine.  I used the RPMs from the
University of Queensland site at

http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~grangenet/ag_fedora/

One thing to note is that the rat in those packages needs to have
the ALSA sound drivers installed (it looks for /proc/asound/version
and dies if it doesn't find it).  Once I installed the ALSA sound drivers
(and unmuted the volume!) Rat works well.  I'm using a service certificate
for both audio and video machines so that the AGServiceManager.py can
be run at boot and needed to make some changes to the /etc/init.d/agsm
script in order to get it to run properly.  I will attach my notes.

I haven't had any problems with connecting to the audio and video
machines from the display machine.

It does take me quite a while to change venues as well.

Steve