[AG-TECH] Building AG for Mac Via the Command-Line

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 8 12:20:13 CST 2005

Hi Ashnil,
You don't need a UI to package with the current packaging code on the mac.
The most up to date mac packaging code and documentation are in a cvs
branch that is used for the 2.x releases.

Here is the most recent mac build howto:
http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/AccessGrid/doc/AG-Mac-Build-HOWTO.rtf?rev=1.2.2.4&only_with_tag=r_2_3_final

The version you had been looking at is probably in the cvs trunk.  The
packaging code and documentation there will be updated when we prepare
for the 3.0 release.

Sorry for the confusion.  The instructions in the rtf file above will
tell you how to check out the code, but just so you know, the cvs tag to
use is still r_2_3_final.  We need to name our branches and tags better,
but that is the current 2.4 code.

If you find any mistakes in the build howto document, please let us
know.  We'd be happy to update it.

Eric